Friday, April 9, 2010

Dogwoods

Spring is definately here even though winter is trying to rise up one last time! All of the trees are in full bloom here and look just beautiful. Growing up in West Texas, I had never ever really seen any trees bloom except fruitless pears. Usually all we get in West Texas is LOTS of wind, blowing dirt and fluctuating  temperatures, hehe...try running track in all that!
My spring at Bucknell was really the first true Spring I had ever experienced. 
Last year in NC, the dogwood trees were everywhere! I had never seen so many in my life. They quickly became my favorite flowering tree. The dogwoods lined the highways and almost every house had one in the yard somewhere.
I have noticed here in Indy, the Red Buds are everywhere. They look so neat too, especially next to the new bright green leaves of the other trees.  I hope that one day I'll be able to have both dogwoods and red buds in my yard somewhere. I was talking to my mom and she didn't think she knew what the flowers looked like on dogwoods...so here you go Mom, these are for you! 


I love how the branches on dogwoods lay out like little shelves for the flowers to lay on.

3 comments:

Janell said...

They are gorgeous :]

Anonymous said...

Jacqueline, They are beautiful. Mom will love these pictures. Love, Dad

katie sawrie said...

Aw, I love dogwoods! They are beautiful.