Monday, July 19, 2010

4th of July


July 4th is one of my most favorite days of the year! I have always loved those hot summer days, getting together with family and friends, cooking out and watching fireworks. Believe it or not, this is only one of a few times I've been away from home or family on the 4th. We had such a great time though! We went out to eat downtown and arrived just in time to watch the firework display!


It was like a perfect place in the grass had been left just for us, so we all plopped down and enjoyed the show.

Scott & Lindsey put on the Inaugural Firecracker 6 Miler this year! Wade & I ran in that on July 3rd and had a blast! I would encourage any of you to go out for it next year, it made us feel very patriotic!




Wade & I are really going to try and make a trip back next year to run in Scott's race and spend time with our friends again on the 4th. It might just become our tradition!
Here are a few pictures from the Firecracker 6





Scott had Wade say a prayer before the race, we thought that it was really awesome to be able to celebrate our freedom by praying and thanking God for all He's given us.

Hurray! We made it!!

No comments: