Monday, May 3, 2010

Smoky Mountain Range

Whew, what a wonderful weekend! We went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee over the weekend with some friends of ours from here in Indy and stayed at their family's cabin. The moutains were just beautiful and thankfully we were able to avoid the severe weather and the flooding. While we were enjoying beautiful weather in eastern Tennessee, from Nashville west, they were flooding...thanks to everyone who prayed for our safe travels.

This was the view from the back deck...so beautiful and relaxing!


I could rock out there every morning and night!

Here's a picture of us with Ben and Jacque, we stayed at Ben's Dad's cabin -- we all went green.
There was a pull table upstairs and we got us a few games in...Pates vs. Miliuses


Ben & Jacque won the first couple of games, but...

we came back and now we're tied 2-2, we'll have to face off again soon!


We went hiking one day at this place called Chimney  Tops and it was beautiful! The weather was wonderful for hiking


Here we are on the trail


The trail was challenging but not too bad until...the very end...I wasn't expecting to go ROCK CLIMBING! Heights is not one of my strong points...especially with no saftey gear to catch me if I mess up...


Off of either side was a drop off...directly down...


There were a few too many people up there for my comfort and I didn't like watching Wade ahead of me, so not too far from the top, I decided I had gone far enough, lol, and made my way on back down to more level ground.

I did manage to snap these photos while clinging to the rocks with my other hand, hehe... that rock face is what we were climbing on


The trip back down


Here we all are, safe and sound! What a great trip!!








1 comment:

Emily Parson said...

How fun! I LOVE the Smokies! We're going to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge in September and I just can't wait! You guys look like you had so much fun. I'm jealous because I have to wait 4 more months! Glad you made it there and back safely and were able to avoid the floods. <3