Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Full Year Gone By...

2011 was filled with many great moments and memories, triumphs and trials. It really is crazy how fast a year goes by! But it's also a lot of fun remembering many of the small moments that make up the whole.

The first 5 months of the year were filled with work and finding more of a groove here in Tyler. We started mentoring through our church and I finished working at the school.
Kathy came to visit us in February and Mom spent a few days of her Spring Break with us in Tyler as well.

Summer came with a vengeance as we saw one of, if not the, hottest ones on record. With over 50 days of highs over 100 degrees we were more than ready to escape on our vacation to Colorado.
In June we went to Lubbock for a family reunion.
We ran in the 2nd annual Firecracker 6 for July 4th in Indy with our friends.
In August we went to Vail and Estes Park, Colorado for an amazing getaway!
Working basketball camps, trips to the pool, long walks in the evenings together and visits with family and friends made the summer go by quickly.

Because of the severe drought, there wasn't near as much fishing as we would have liked to have done, but hopefully in 2012 we can make up for that!

Mid August we got our first puppy...Winston!! We spent the next couple of months adjusting to a new schedule with him. I have never made so many trips up and down than during potty training, lol. He's not completely there yet, but very close.

I joined the world of social media as I started Facebook, Twitter and Skype accounts to connect with friends across the country and promote my side business, J Pate Designs.

In September my very best friend got married!! I was able to spend a week with her helping with last minute preparations and just having a good time.

I spent the fall preparing for Christmas shows to sell my jewelry and pillows. It was a whole lot of work but I am definitely pleased with where I have come with J Pate Designs in a year's time. Wade was such a huge help and encouragement!!

Thanksgiving was spent in East Texas with Wade's family and my good friend Andrea.

Christmas arrived soon after and we made the trek to the Panhandle to see spend precious days with my family. We celebrated the birth of our Savior and my mom and dad's birthdays!

We spent the few remaining days of 2011 relaxing, reflecting and recharging for the new year to come.

We are so thankful to the Lord for our health, Wade's job, new friends, a stronger marriage and a closer walk with our Lord. We look forward to what 2012 holds!

No comments: